Monday, July 24, 2017

Cotton Candy Cupcakes

I have a little over two months until my daughter turns 4 😱 I stumbled across this recipe today and it will be perfect for her! It also will be very easy to do so I might even leave off the frosting and let the kids do their own. I could even add food coloring to this but the colors might be a little off since the Cotton Candy dessert mix is a nice light pink color. Either way, even if I find its easier to frost myself, I know the kids will love these and as an added bonus, no cupcake wrappers left everywhere!

What flavors would you use? All the pink will be perfect in my house, and we love the Cotton Candy flavor, but chocolate cupcakes would be delicious too! Let me know in the comments

Cotton Candy Frosted Cupcake Cones by Amanda Hold

Recipe: 
Cupcakes:
Boxed Funfetti Cupcake Mix
Frosting:
1 package Party Time Mixes Cotton Candy Dessert Mix
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz whipped cream

Instructions:
Cupcakes:
1. Mix batter according to package instructions.
2. Pour batter into 24 ice cream cones.
3. Cook at 350 for 20 minutes.
4. Set aside to cool.

Frosting:
1. Mix 1 package Party Time Mixes Cotton Candy Dessert Mix with 8 oz of cream cheese, until well combined.
2. Fold in 8 oz whipped cream with cream cheese mixture.
3. Chill for one hour.

Final:
1. After frosting has chilled and cupcakes have cooled, add frosting to the cupcakes. 
2. For an added dash of fun, top with sprinkles. 

*Any flavor of Party Time Mixes Dessert Mix can be substituted with this recipe.
**Any flavor of cake mix can be substituted in this recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment