Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Cheesy Potato Casserole

I love writing up recipes and discovering something new! Today I found this one and it is a hands down winner for a side dish. I often times want to make potatoes with dinner but get stumped when I want to add flavor to it without doing gravy. Sometimes gravy just doesn't pair well with what we are having or I'm just not in the mood for gravy. This recipe is perfect and all I can think of now is adding it as our potato side dish for Thanksgiving! I know it's a tad early but writing it out I will have it saved for the holidays 😉


Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole by Shannon Blair

Recipe:
1 lb potatoes
2 cups sour cream
3 cups shredded cheese (of your choice)
Milk (for consistency)
Salt and pepper to taste
Scallions (optional)

Instructions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook, drain, and mash potatoes.
3. While potatoes are cooking mix together 1 package Party Time Mixes Cheesy Bacon Dip Mix with sour cream. Mix well. 
4. Combine mashed potatoes, half the Cheesy Bacon mix and have the shredded cheese.
5. Mix potatoes together well, if they are too thick, add milk to reach desired consistency. 
6. Pour potato mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish, top with more shredded cheese (leave some for garnish).
7. Bake about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and edges are golden brown. 
8. Serve with you favorite dish or on its own, garnishing with remaining cheese and optional scallions. 

*Substitute with your favorite flavor of Party Time Mixes Dip Mix

No comments:

Post a Comment