Sunday, July 16, 2017

Ice Cream Day

Happy National Ice Cream Day!

Yay I didn't miss it! I always seem to find out about these things at the very end of the day, but not today. Today I have enough time to partake in my favorite treat. Now to narrow down what kind I want. Go hit up one of my favorite ice cream places (Marble Slab) or make my own with this super easy recipe. I'm leaning towards making my own. How fun would this be to do with the kids in your life? I know my kids love when we turn the Cotton Candy Martini into a yummy milkshake, maybe we could do that as straight ice cream instead. Or maybe we should make Mudslide and put a delicious chocolate swirl through it!

No matter what is your favorite, I hope you enjoy a bit of Ice Cream today!


Easy 3 Ingredient No Churn Homemade Ice Cream
No special equipment is needed to make this ultra-creamy ice cream. Eat it plain or add some fun stir-ins.

Recipe:
One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk

2 cups heavy cream, cold
1 pkg Party Time Mixes Any Dessert Mix ( or 1/2 pkg any cocktail mix)


Instructions:
1. In a large bowl, combine condensed milk, heavy cream and mix. 
2. Whip with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes.
3. Pour into a chilled 9-by-5-by-3-inch metal loaf pan, and freeze, covered, until thick and creamy, like soft-serve, about 2 hours.
4. Swirl in any desired mix-ins with a spoon. 
5. Continue to freeze, covered, until solid and scoopable, about 3 hours more. 
*Total freezing time is 5 to 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment