Thursday, August 10, 2017

Seasoned Oyster Crackers

I have a quarter auction this evening (I love QA's but I always end up doing more shopping then selling 😆). As I am getting everything prepared I couldn't help but think, "I don't want to take a dip/dessert mix!" Why? You may ask, because it is so stinking hot outside and I don't want to set up an ice bowl to nest the dip in to keep it at the proper temperature. I also don't want to deal with cups, spoons, pretzels or cookies to dip with. What am I gonna do? I want to have people sample how amazing these mixes with less work for myself (I am 22 weeks pregnant, everything is extra challenging lol) Then the light bulb went off 💡, seasoned oyster crackers! These things are the bomb and will be easy to transport and easy to hand out as samples! Normally I am sensitive to spicy foods but there is just something about Texas Ranch Dip seasoned oyster crackers that is super delicious. Now the real trick will be to not eat all the crackers myself!
These crackers would make an excellent after school snack, lunch side or even popcorn replacement at movie time. Its perfect because if you can't handle spice at all, any of the dip mixes would make an excellent substitution. Would you try a dip mix or a dessert mix with this?



Seasoned Oyster Crackers by Vicki Croddy DeWitt

Recipe 
1/2 c vegetable oil
16 oz oyster crackers
1 package your favorite Party Time Mixes Dip or Dessert flavor

Instructions
1. Pour oil and dip or dessert mix into a large zip-lock bag.
2. Add in the crackers.
3. Make sure the bag is sealed well and shake until all the crackers are covered. 
4. Pour crackers evenly onto a cookie sheet with sides.
5. Bake at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes, stirring at 10 minutes.
6. Allow to cool and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment